Chicago Blackhawks Jersey

Thursday, June 18, 2015

Blackhawks enjoy surprising Stanley Cup fanfare around Chicago

kane Jersey
Chicago Blackhawks Jersey forward Patrick Sharp got a taste of what movie stars must feel like at times.
Sharp held a get-together for his teammates and the Stanley Cup on the roof of his North Side home prior to attending the Chicago Cubs’ game on Tuesday night. Fans and media hung around outside for a glimpse of the players and the storied trophy, and the group was also viewed on from above.
“The helicopters weren’t so bad until I saw how much they really zoomed in,” Sharp said on Wednesday. “Makes you wonder if you’re going to be sun tanning out there or something. There was also a little drone. I don’t know where that came from, but it was buzzing around our heads, pretty close to us.”
Only a few days have passed since the Blackhawks began their Stanley Cup celebration, but they already have their share of stories.
Blackhawks defenseman Johnny Oduya’s abs become an Internet sensation after someone snapped a picture of him with his shirt off at a club on Monday night.

“You take your shirt off one time,” Oduya said. “I don’t know who took that picture, either. I thought we were the only people there, but apparently not. It is what it is. A lot of champagne flying around and wet clothes, and I don’t know what it is. It’s a lot of fun, and it comes with it. I’ll take that as a compliment.”
When Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville finished celebrating after the Chicago's Game 6 win on Monday, he returned home to see his trees covered in toilet paper.
“We’re here having fun, and they’re having more fun at our house,” Quenneville said.
Blackhawks forward Antoine Vermette Jersey has been closely watching his phone the past few days, because his wife was due to give birth on Wednesday.
“I got to give my wife credit,” Vermette said. “I hope you guys write this. I’m getting in trouble sometimes. She’s awesome, and that’s a big part of it, too. She’s making me have a chance to focus on what I have to do -- pretty easy [compared to] all the stuff you have to deal with and go through when you’re pregnant. It’s a special position. A couple years, looking back, my life in general, those situations aren’t going to happen too many times -- a baby, Cup, all that stuff together.”
Blackhawks captain Jonathan Toews felt like everything was flying by him.
“I say it all the time, it’s true: The moments after you win and you’re on the ice and everything about the initial reaction, the feeling of winning and the whole thing being over is pretty special and you want to hang on to it," Toews said. “But it just skips away so fast, just because there is so much going on. The last day or so has been like that, and I’m sure it won’t change.
“The good thing about winning a couple of times before, I think you start to get the experience on how to just get a grip on everything and slow it down a little bit. I think some of the guys who won for the first time are already asking us some questions on what’s the best thing to do on your Cup day? How do you handle it the best? I don’t know if we have all the answers on that, but I think we definitely have some experience on how to really embrace and absorb the moment.”
So far, there has been little sleep to be had, and that's OK with the Blackhawks.
“A couple hours each night,” Patrick Sharp Jersey said. “When you finally lay down and rest, you’re still running on adrenaline and excited. It’s kind of hard to close the eyes.
“It doesn’t [get old]. You’d think by now they’d be sick of us, spraying champagne and hoisting the Cup. It seems like it’s picking up steam. Fan support last night was unbelievable. Being at Wrigley Field was crazy. The helicopters over my house was something I’ve never experienced before.”

No comments:

Post a Comment